1. Acknowledge the blogger(s) who nominated you
2. Provide 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer the 11 questions that you have been asked
4. Nominate 5-11 other newbie bloggers , you find interesting
5. Ask them 11 Questions
11 Random facts about me..
- I am a mother of two toddler girls and the wife of one amazing husband.
- I am the youngest of 6 children growing up.
- I have been an educator since 2004, mainly 9th grade English, but currently find myself “resigned”- yeah I’m working on a piece on that.
- I have a laugh that is often described as “funnier than the joke”- so much so that I got best laugh in high school. A true honor.
- I love puns- the cornier the better.
- I love to rewrite 90’s rap songs- or really any song- to fit whatever maniacal purpose I deem it reasonable to do such a thing.
- I have recently picked up water color painting.
- I enjoy running- when I get the chance.
- I think I have a sugar addiction that has gotten WAY out of control- working on that. Day 2 without any Mt. Dew… again..
- GRIMM is currently my favorite television series.
- My husband’s sarcasm is one of the reasons I fell in love with him.
1. What is your favorite quote?
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! “- Rocky Balboa
2. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I think I am one of the funniest people I know, and I laugh at myself way more than anyone else.
3. Tell me one thing that makes you unique? I have a third nipple – not really. See? I thought that was funny and am laughing right now. Perhaps me thinking I’m funny is unique because I’m sure many people wouldn’t.
4. What is your biggest accomplishment?
I don’t know… I could say my two children, but that isn’t really accomplished, rather a work in progress. I could say an effective teaching career- when 9th graders cry because you are leaving, I think that means I must have done something right in their books?
5. Because I know we never have just 1, what are your 3 favorite books?
I hate to answer this question because so often people get all judgey about what you read, like ” You liked that ….” – but I’m going to say The Hunger Games Series, Prisoner of Tehran, and Romeo and Juliet. There are many others, but that’s what I’m going to go with as of now. I haven’t really read much in the last three years.. babies and what not.
6. If you had the ability to go back in time or go forward in time, which would you choose and why?
I don’t want to go forward because I can’t even handle it now when my kids grow out of something or change in any way that means they are not my baby… and I don’t really want to go back because life is good now. I wish I could go back to my early 20’s body and metabolism- can I just do that? OR maybe go back to when my husband and I were pre-baby, but just for like a day and then I want to come right back to where I am.
7. If you could fix 1 problem in the world, what would it be? Inhumanity.
8. If you could wish 1 mythological creature into existence, what would it be? This isn’t mythological, but I always wished when I was little that the bear from the Snuggle commercials was real…
9. What is your favorite childhood memory? Playing ballerina bird tag with my older brother. Can you tell we made it up?
10. What are you going to do to be successful this week? I am going to not drink any mt. dew and stick to my HIIT 30 day workout plan I started yesterday…
11. If I told you to go look in the mirror and tell yourself you’re awesome, will you go do it? Sure will- will make my girls do it with me!
Here are my nominations: I guess I’m supposed to pick 5-11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers. My nominator didn’t know how to find that information out, and I’m not sure I do either, so here are 5 I enjoy reading among the many I am starting to follow in the last month of blogging.
Here are my 11 questions, should these bloggers decide to participate.
- If you could have dinner with only one person, alive or dead, who would it be and why?
- What is the best joke you have ever heard?
- Take a “word snapshot” of your life and describe it here:
- What is one word that describes you best? Why? Has this always been true?
- What is the most thrilling experience of your life?
- Who has given you the best advice, and what was it?
- What is the one food you can not turn down?
- If you could write one law, what would it be?
- What would the punishment for breaking that law?
- Who is your favorite fictional character?
- Would you rather eat your favorite food until you no longer liked it, or never eat it again?
I’m hoping I did all of this correctly.